Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 2 in Spain

6/2/13
After we had our chocolate filled croissants (not exactly artisan) this morning we headed for the Subway and went to church.  We were greeted at the door by a missionary from Orem, UT and one from Brasilia, Brazil.  They showed us to our classes and I went into class with Brooklyn and Whitney and translated to the best of my ability.  The teacher picked a good day to include the lost in translation game of Telephone.  Or in this case I guess I should call it Telefono.  When class was over the teacher thanked each of us for coming by giving us all 3 beisos (kisses).  Brooklyn asked if that was something she needed to get used to.

We were a little lost, walking past what seemed like office 
buildings when we stumbled upon this sign

It was kind of a strange, 3 storied stake center


There was a street fair going on right outside the church. My kids would kill for a container of Nutella that large.  When I asked how much they were she told me they weren't for sail.  Thank goodness.  I would have been tempted to carry one home in my suit case.

Besides crepes, the street fair included whole roasted pigs.

And, every kind of fruit flavor of sunkist fruit gems.

After walking around the street fair we jumped back on the subway and headed to Parque Guelle.  A famous park designed by the same architect that designed La Sagrada Familia.  His name is Gaudi.  He was definitely a one of a kind.  It was a huge park that we couldn't possibly have covered in one day.  But what we saw was amazing.











No comments: