Monday, February 9, 2009

25 Things About Me

This has been stolen from Facebook but I wanted to put it on my blog.

1. Although I often go skiing with my family it absolutely terrifies me. I fear for my life the whole time I'm there.
2. I like to go on outings more than anyone. I don't care what it is. If it gets me out of the house then I'm there.
3. I love having a giant dog.
4. I love pilates because I like being able to rest and meditate while I exercise. It's like killing 2 birds with one stone.
5. I often get sad thinking about how my kids will some day grow up and move away.
6. I sometimes get excited thinking about how my kids will some day grow up and move away.
7. I almost never cry. My husband still brings up to me the time that I cried when we first got married because he wanted to leave me to go play basketball. That was 11 years ago. He's had nothing on me since.
8. I am so accustomed to having kids that when I am alone and I turn on the television my first instinct is to leave it on the first cartoon that I come too.
9. I mentally and physically can not be in the house if the outside temperature is between 60 and 80 degrees.
10. I check my email way too often.
11. I did a sprint triathlon in September and didn't come in last.
12. I give up sweets every year on Ash Wednesday for 6 weeks for non-religious reasons.
13. When I was 16 I was the honored queen in Jobs Daughters.
14. I am pulmonarily challenged. (I made that word up.)
15. As soon as I have a birthday I start thinking of myself as how old I'll be on my next birthday. I am 37 now so I consider myself 38. I don't know why. Maybe it's just to prepare myself mentally for getting older.
16. A few weeks ago as I was putting my kids to bed, all 4 of them were calling my name at the same time. For the first time I felt a wave of panic that maybe I was in over my head. It's never happened before and hasn't happened since.
17. I served a church mission in Brazil and can speak Portuguese.
18. When I was pregnant I never got sick but loved the smell of comet and wet dirt.
19. Before I had my first child I taught 6th grade social studies.
20. I have almost no sense of smell therefore I can't taste things as well as I should. John gave me a taste test using chocolate, vanilla and strawberry Breyers ice cream yesterday and I answered wrong every time.
21. I hate getting my kids up and getting them ready for and to school every day. Let's see. I have 6 years down and only about 19 years to go.
22. Sometimes I go into fits of laughter where I can't stop and tears will stream down my face. That probably makes up for #7.
23. I am extremely hopeful and optimistic and will always look for a silver lining rather than dwell on the negative.
24. My husband and I were MFEO.
25. I force my children to learn piano even though I never did.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I still envy you the crying thing, Kathleen. I never cry for any good reason, but I often cry during a movie when Jordan is poised and ready to cry. The other day we were watching Whale Rider and I started crying about a scene that was still 5 minutes away. That nearly killed him.

Unknown said...

This is Marianne. I have no idea who "What Color Is Your Parachute" is.